3.10.2011

The Greatest Movie Sequels/Trilogies On Planet Earth

Today I learned that one of my favorite movies of all-time was getting a sequel come 2012. And no it's not "Men In Black III". This particular movie features the voices of Billy Crystal and John Goodman. An animated film produced by the greatest in the world, Pixar. Monsters Inc. 2. Boom! I nearly dropped a tear or twelve at the prospect of another one of these films. First of all, Boo is the cutest kid in any movie ever made, ever. And she's not even a real person. What does that tell you? Plus, the story was incredible and I was invested in it emotionally. I already bought my ticket so va-va-voom. I did not just come out of the closet, so if you will, please continue reading. So now I'm going to talk about the best movie sequels/trilogies in no particular order because I'm just so thrilled.

Scream - The last time I went to the movies I saw a poster for Scre4m (Scream 4). I jizzed in my pants. When I was growing up, the Scream trilogy was easily my favorite horror movie franchise. Like I mentioned previously, I was in love with Neve Campbell. Yeah, whatever. But the writing was great. The thrills were real. Plus, who wouldn't like a movie that featured Courtney Cox and David Arquette? Not this guy, that's for sure. So on April 15, 2011, I will be in the movie theatre with my popcorn, extra butter, enjoying the next great piece in film history.

Bourne - I have a penis, so I liked the Bourne trilogy. You have to be some sort of asshole if you don't like Matt Damon. His work alone in "Good Will Hunting" made me a fan of his forever. But the movies in themselves were very complex, well-written, strong cinematography, and edited to perfection. The action was incredible if you were too dull to understand the dialogue and sort of edge-of-your-seat entertainment throughout. The only downfall of the trilogy was the lack of eye candy. Julia Stiles was attractive never and neither were the other no-name actresses.

Home Alone - Macaulay Culkin. Need I say more? This kid was banging Mila Kunis for like 8 years and nobody knew about it. If that wasn't the best booby trap he ever plotted, I don't know what is. This is completely unrelated, but did you see the third installment? Holy shit, it was phenomenal. All jokes aside, the first two movies were excellent films. And they both have that Christmas feel to them. Perhaps because they both take place during that time, despite the lack of mentioning it. Home Alone 2 is one of those movies that rates strongly with the original, therefore it must be on this list.

Rocky - Apollo Creed, Ivan Drago, Tommy Gunn, Mason "The Line" Dixon. Only Sly Stallone could create such incredible characters in that 5'4'' brain of his. The Rocky movies epitomized what is wrong with Philadelphia. The people are trash, the sports teams are trash, and they are very poorly educated. Roll it into a big ball and out shoots Rocky Balboa. I love the movies. No matter how incredulous they were, they still made you feel good inside, and that's what it's all about, ain't it? (Sorry Philadelphia. I'll be sure to be kinder when I parade in your streets come Saturday.)

Terminator - Just because Arnold is a fuckin' beast.

And there you have it. The best movie sequels/trilogies ever created. Sorry Pot Roast, The Lord of the Rings didn't make the cut because those movies made me want to kill myself. There are some that just missed the cut because I didn't feel like writing anymore. I only picked the best of the best and I know you agree with me because you know that, "I am better than you."

No comments:

Post a Comment