7.05.2011

Let's Lay Off Of Casey Anthony Because Now You're Starting To Piss Me Off

So as it turns out, after a month long trial or however the fuck long it was, Casey Anthony was found NOT GUILTY of 1st degree murder. I've never seen such an outcry from people who have no involvment in the case whatsoever. Facebook statuses such as "Not guilty...unbelievable." "Way to screw up, U.S. legal system." "Even OJ knows she was guilty." How fucking pathetic of a human are you? How can you even begin to say that she is/was guilty? I'd almost guarantee that not one person I know has had any physical contact with the case or anyone from the jury. Or the attorneys. Or the child. Don't get me wrong. What happened to that little girl is a very tragic and disheartening ordeal. But let's not stone Casey Anthony to death because YOU think she's guilty. You are shit.


When you look at the case from an outsiders viewpoint, it's hard to imagine Casey being innocent. The night her daughter went missing, she was out clubbing and drinking and getting tattoos. Most normal people, all normal people, who've lost a child will be running around looking for that child until they collapse. I mean, it's your kid for Christ's sake. That's not a traditional way to respond to your daughter's disappearance. And when the media and police were asking her questions, she didn't seem too upset about her disappearance. From the outside it looked as if she was guilty and didn't give a fuck. But she was just tried and found innocent. Let's move on.


I didn't follow the trial. Not one hour, one minute, or even one second. It doesn't have any effect on me whatsoever and my watching it wouldn't contribute to anything changing. I don't have any children so I don't know the emotional charge I would get from losing one. But I could imagine it being really really difficult. Does that make me a piece of shit though? Because I don't care about the trial? We've taken on this idea in America that we must care about the celebrity. That's why trashy magazines like US Weekly, and Star, and People are booming. We must know what they are doing at all times. We must!


So just like OJ Simpson had the eyes of America in 94-95, Casey Anthony managed to attract all of our eyes in 2011. The only difference between the two is that Anthony wasn't an All-Pro running back who is considered one of the greatest of all time. Casey Anthony is a zero. A loser. A nobody. Somebody sold this story to the media at the moment it happened and it snowballed into something much greater. I don't know the exact numbers, but I'm almost certain that there are a boatload of children that go missing every single year. And I'd venture a guess that most of them end up dead. And it's really sad and devastating, but what made this story so important? I don't know.


In reality, I wish people would just relax. Instead of wishing her a cruel life and an eventual trip to hell, let's trust that the legal system was correct. Let's go on the notion that there was not enough evidence to convict her of 1st degree murder. I hate people who wish terrible, negative things on another. Who the fuck are you to hope that she rots in hell for the rest of her life? What if she really was only negligent and endangered her child? What if she didn't actually murder her? Will you take back all the harsh things you wished upon her? I doubt it because you're all hypocrites. Me included. Just like that fat fucking piece of shit Nancy Grace, who thought all the Duke lacrosse players who "allegedly" raped that prostitute were preppy, spoiled rich brats who get away with anything they want. Where was her apology after we found out that the prostitute lied? Nowhere to be found. But let's not crucify her. If she did actually do it, karma will strike. I believe it. But that's not for us to worry about. So stop fucking complaining about it. I won't because "I am better than you."

No comments:

Post a Comment